Having received such lavish praise for the first volume of his definitive taxonomic handbook, Daniel Otte now turns his attention to the bandwing grasshoppers. As before, the book includes:
- Highly detailed, full-color drawings of all species, including more than one color phase when appropriate;
- Illustrated keys and lists of principal recognition features;
- Information on distributional limits, habitat preferences, ecology, behavior, and life cycle;
- Excellent point-distribution maps;
- Pertinent references, taxonomic index, history of name changes, and an explanation of the characters used to derive phylogenies.
Like its predecessor, this volume will be useful to scientists in agriculture, environmental assessment, biogeography, grassland ecology, and insect taxonomy. It will also appeal to amateur naturalists.