Forthcoming in Fall 2014: The Digital Loeb Classical Library®
Founded by James Loeb in 1911, the mission of Loeb Classical Library® has always been to make Classical Greek and Latin literature accessible to the broadest range of readers. The Digital Loeb Classical Library extends this mission into the twenty-first century. Harvard University Press is honored to renew James Loeb’s vision of accessibility, and presents an interconnected, fully searchable, perpetually growing, virtual library of all that is important in Greek and Latin literature. Epic and lyric poetry; tragedy and comedy; history, travel, philosophy, and oratory; the great medical writers and mathematicians; those Church Fathers who made particular use of pagan culture—in short, our entire Greek and Latin Classical heritage is represented here with up-to-date texts and accurate English translations. More than 520 volumes of Latin, Greek, and English texts are available in a modern and elegant interface, allowing readers to browse, search, bookmark, annotate, and share content with ease.
- Read every Loeb volume in print, including biannual additions
- Toggle between single- and dual-language reading modes
- Browse works and volumes of the library by author, language, period, form, genre, and subject
- Search across the full Loeb corpus in English, Latin, and Greek
- Bookmark, organize, and annotate content in personal digital workspaces
- Share notes and reading lists with classmates, students, and colleagues
Take a Tour
Click the image below to view a selection of screenshots from the still-in-development Digital LCL. Use the pop-up arrow buttons, your mouse scroll wheel, or your left and right arrow keys to cycle through the images.
Contact LoebClassics_Sales@harvard.edu for information about Digital Loeb Classical Library access plans or to pre-register for an institutional free trial.
The Loeb Classical Library® is published and distributed by Harvard University Press. It is a registered trademark of the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved.