- The Atlantic took a close look at the pro-democracy efforts of Yascha Mounk, author of The Age of Responsibility: Luck, Choice, and the Welfare State.
- Julian Gewirtz, author of Unlikely Partners, explained the interplay between Chinese and foreigners in the development of the Chinese economy on the Council on Foreign Relations podcast Asia Unbound.
- Miriam Laugesen, author of Fixing Medical Prices: How Physicians Are Paid, explored how to “open the black box of doctors’ fees“ on NY1 (New York, NY)’s City Health Beat [at 06:15].
- Times Higher Education chatted with Paulin Ismard, author of Democracy’s Slaves: A Political History of Ancient Greece.
- The Hindustan Times reported that Pakistan’s General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff, urged his officers to read Steven Wilkinson’s Army and Nation: The Military and Indian Democracy since Independence.
Recent Awards: Peruse the latest awards given to Harvard University Press authors and books.
Book of the Year Citations: Review recent best-of accolades from major publications.
The Virginia and Warren Stone Prize: See the winners of this prize for outstanding books on education and society published by Harvard University Press.
The Thomas J. Wilson Memorial Prize: See the winners of Harvard University Press’s own prize for outstanding first-time author.
View a schedule, updated weekly, of upcoming public appearances by authors of recent Harvard University Press titles.
Our Editorial Department exhibits books and greets attendees at dozens of academic conferences every year. View a full schedule of exhibits planned for the current year.
Video and Audio Interviews with HUP Authors
Want to hear more about our books directly from the authors? Watch selected Harvard University press authors discuss their books on our Featured Multimedia page, or explore the interview archives:
Our seasonal and subject-area catalogs are available for free viewing and download.
As you peruse each catalog, you will find links back to the individual book listings on this site. We hope you find this an intuitive, visually pleasing, and “green” approach to discovering HUP titles in your area of interest.
You can also subscribe to receive our catalogs by mail or to be notified by email when new catalogs are available.
Don’t want to miss an update on our books, authors, or events? Subscribe to the Harvard University Press mailing list for periodic updates about new books and features, or stay current on all HUP news with Facebook and Twitter.
The HUP Blog is the place to find in-depth discussions of the issues raised in our titles, supplementary interviews with and essays by our authors, and other items that may be of interest. (To ensure you don’t miss a post, subscribe to the HUP blog feed.)
Finally, you can subscribe to RSS feeds of all new and forthcoming Harvard University Press books.