- 1. The New Urban Reality
- 2. People and Jobs
- 3. The Ethnic Division of Labor Transformed
- 4. The Making and Remaking of the Ethnic Niche
- 5. Who Gets the “Lousy” Jobs?
- 6. Who Gets the Good Jobs?
- 7. The Ethnic Politics of Municipal Jobs
- 8. Small Business: The Interplay of Economy and Ethnicity
- 9. Beyond Black and White
- Appendix 1: Shift-Share Analysis
- Appendix 2: Field Research Methods
Still the Promised City?
African-Americans and New Immigrants in Postindustrial New York
$39.00 • £31.95 • €35.00
Publication Date: 11/15/1999
Awards & Accolades
- 1998 Robert E. Park Award, Community and Urban Sociology Section of the American Sociological Association
- 1997 Best Book Award, Urban Politics Section of the American Political Science Association