- Introduction: Restoring the Balance?
- 1. The Professionalism of Sarah Dolley, M.D.
- 2. Gendered Practices: Late Victorian Medicine in the Women’s Sphere
- 3. Maternalist Medicine: Women Physicians in the Progressive Era
- 4. Redefining the Margins: Women Physicians and American Hospitals, 1900–1939
- 5. Getting Organized:The Medical Women’s National Association and World War I
- 6. New Directions: The Eclipse of Maternalist Medicine
- 7. Resisting the “Feminine Mystique,” 1938–1968
- 8. Medicine and the New Women’s Movement
- Conclusion: Reconciling Equality and Difference
Restoring the Balance
Women Physicians and the Profession of Medicine, 1850–1995
$48.00 • £41.95 • €43.95
Publication Date: 03/16/2001
Media Requests: [Email Address]