- I. Trends in Work, Family, and Leisure Time
- 1. Overworked Americans or the Growth of Leisure?
- 2. Working Time from the Perspective of Families
- II. Integrating Work and Family Life
- 3. Do Americans Feel Overworked?
- 4. How Work Spills Over into Life
- 5. The Structure and Culture of Work
- III. Work, Family, and Social Policy
- 6. American Workers in Cross-National Perspective [with Janet C. Gornick]
- 7. Bridging the Time Divide
- 8. Where Do We Go from Here?
- Appendix: Supplementary Tables
THE FAMILY AND PUBLIC POLICY
The Time Divide
Work, Family, and Gender Inequality
Awards & Accolades
- Honorable Mention, 2005 Mirra Komarovsky Book Award, Eastern Sociological Society
- A Strategy Business Magazine Best Business Book of 2005, Work and Life Category