- 1. If Only It Were So Simple
- 2. What Is a Test?
- 3. What We Measure: Just How Good Is the Sample?
- 4. The Evolution of American Testing
- 5. What Test Scores Tell Us about American Kids
- 6. What Influences Test Scores, or How Not to Pick a School
- 7. Error and Reliability: How Much We Don’t Know What We’re Talking About
- 8. Reporting Performance: Standards and Scales
- 9. Validity
- 10. Inflated Test Scores
- 11. Adverse Impact and Bias
- 12. Testing Students with Special Needs
- 13. Sensible Uses of Tests
What Educational Testing Really Tells Us
$24.00 • £19.95 • €21.50
Publication Date: 09/15/2009