- Introduction: Why It Is So Difficult to Be Perfectly Healthy
- 1. If Reproductive Hormones Are So Important, Why Is There So Much Variation?
- 2. Coevolution of Biology and Culture: Agriculture and Selection for High Levels of Estrogen
- 3. You Are What You Eat…as a Fetus
- 4. The French Paradox: Did Child Welfare Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease?
- 5. Intergenerational Echoes of Slavery
- 6. The Price of Reproduction
- 7. The Ultimate Test of the Costs of Reproduction: Life Span
- 8. Evolutionary Past and Modern Diet
- 9. Evolution and Physical Activity
- 10. Evolutionary Trade-Offs and Culture
- 11. Fallacies of Philanthropy
- 12. Fixing Genes versus Fixing Lifestyles
- Conclusion: Is Our Physiology Obsolete?
The Fragile Wisdom
An Evolutionary View on Women's Biology and Health
$42.00 • £36.95 • €38.95
Publication Date: 01/14/2013
Media Requests: [Email Address]