- I. Cancer Stem Cells: A New Theory of Cancer
- 1. Cancer Stem Cells’ Triumph
- 2. The CSC Theory
- II. The Historical Emergence of the CSC Concept and Its Driving Role in Cancers
- 3. Teratocarcinomas and Embryonic Stem Cells
- 4. Leukemic and Hematopoietic Stem Cells
- III. Debates on CSCs and Stem Cells: What Are They?
- 5. Origin, Stemness, and Stem Cells: The Meaning of Words
- 6. Stem Cell Identity
- IV. The Identity of Stemness and Its Consequences for Cancer Therapies
- 7. If Stemness Is a Categorical or a Dispositional Property, How Can We Cure Cancers?
- 8. If Stemness Is a Relational or a Systemic Property, How Can We Cure Cancers?
Cancer Stem Cells
Philosophy and Therapies
$42.00 • £33.95 • €38.00
Publication Date: 06/06/2016