- Reality and Imagination
- On Problems
- I. Size and Shape
- In which we begin our investigation of abstract geometrical figures.
- Symmetrical tiling and angle measurement.
- Scaling and proportion.
- Length, area, and volume.
- The method of exhaustion and its consequences.
- Polygons and trigonometry.
- Conic sections and projective geometry.
- Mechanical curves.
- II. Time and Space
- Containing some thoughts on mathematical motion.
- Coordinate systems and dimension.
- Motion as a numerical relationship.
- Vector representation and mechanical relativity.
- The measurement of velocity.
- The differential calculus and its myriad uses.
- Some final words of encouragement to the reader.
$23.00 • £18.95 • €20.50
Publication Date: 05/12/2014
5-1/2 x 8-1/4 inches
416 line illustrations