- Editors’ Introduction
- A Note on the Text
- 1. Commercial Sociability: The Jean-Jacques Rousseau Problem
- 2. Commercial Sociability: The Adam Smith Problem
- 3. Histories of Government: Which Comes First, Judges or the Law?
- 4. Histories of Government: Republics, Inequality, and Revolution?
- 5. Political Economy: Markets, Households, and Invisible Hands
- 6. Political Economy: Nationalism, Emulation, and War
Politics in Commercial Society
Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Adam Smith
$41.00 • £35.95 • €37.95
Publication Date: 06/09/2015