- Preface to the English Edition
- I. Another Europe Is Possible
- 1. The Euro-ization of Europe: The Extra-mural Rise of the Government of the Euro and the Redefinition of the ‘European Project’ [Guillaume Sacriste and Antoine Vauchez]
- 2. On the Legal Feasibility of a Treaty to Democratize the Governance of the Euro Area
- 3. What Would the Parliamentary Assembly of the Euro Area Look Like?
- 4. What to Do if Some Member States Reject the Proposed Treaty?
- II. Draft Treaty on the Democratization of the Governance of the Euro Area (T-Dem)
- 5. Explanatory Statement
- 6. Draft Treaty on the Democratization of the Governance of the Euro Area (T-Dem)
- III. Debate Now!
- 7. Europe’s Constituent Moment [Jeremy Adelman and Anne-Laure Delatte]
- 8. Ten Thoughts on the Treaty Democratizing the Euro Area (T-Dem) [Paul Magnette]
- 9. For a Demoicratization of Eurozone Governance [Kalypso Nicolaidis]
- 10. The European Parliament Is the Parliament of the Euro Area [Pierre Moscovici]
- 11. A Eurozone Congress [Luuk van Middelaar and Vestert Borger]
- 12. The Economy Is a Polity: Implications for the New Modes of Economic Governance in the EU [Christian Joerges]
- 13. In Search of Lost Sovereignty [Iphigénie Kamtsidou]
- 14. Reconciling Democratic Sovereignty with Economic and Monetary Integration: T-Dem in Dialogue with the German Constitutional Court [Ulrike Liebert]
- 15. Citizen-Based Paths of Democratization for the EU without New Treaty Making [Rui Tavares]
- IV. Rejoinders
- 16. The T-Dem: Why? How?
- 17. European Parliamentary Sovereignty on the Shoulders of National Parliamentary Sovereignties
- 18. Europeanizing Politics, Politicizing Europe
- 19. Manifesto for the Democratization of Europe [Manon Bouju, Lucas Chancel, Anne-Laure Delatte, Stéphanie Hennette, Thomas Piketty, Guillaume Sacriste, and Antoine Vauchez]
How to Democratize Europe
$35.00 • £28.95 • €31.50
Publication Date: 05/08/2019