- List of Illustrations
- Foreword: Exploring Museum Collections, by Rubie Watson
- The Beginnings of a Collection
- A Brief History of the Mimbres People
- Mimbres Daily Life
- Mimbres Painted Pottery
- What Is Being Depicted?
- Who Painted the Bowls?
- What Happened to the Mimbres People?
- Mimbres Designs as Inspiration
- Color Plates
- Suggested Reading
PEABODY MUSEUM COLLECTIONS SERIES
Painted by a Distant Hand
Mimbres Pottery from the American Southwest
$25.00 • £21.95 • €22.95
Publication Date: 04/30/2005
3 halftones, 66 color illustrations, 13 line illustrations. 1 map, 1 table
Peabody Museum Press > Peabody Museum Collections Series
World, subsidiary rights restricted
Media Requests: [Email Address]
Awards & Accolades
- Winner, 2006 Publications Design Contest for Books under $10, New England Museum Association