The Digital Loeb Classical Library
Founded by James Loeb in 1911, the mission of the Loeb Classical Library has always been to make Classical Greek and Latin literature accessible to the broadest range of readers. The digital Loeb Classical Library (located at loebclassics.com) extends this mission into the twenty-first century. Harvard University Press is honored to renew James Loeb’s vision of accessibility, and presents an interconnected, fully searchable, perpetually growing, virtual library of all that is important in Greek and Latin literature. Epic and lyric poetry; tragedy and comedy; history, travel, philosophy, and oratory; the great medical writers and mathematicians; those Church Fathers who made particular use of pagan culture—in short, our entire Greek and Latin Classical heritage is represented here with up-to-date texts and accurate English translations. More than 530 volumes of Latin, Greek, and English texts are available in a modern and elegant interface, allowing readers to browse, search, bookmark, annotate, and share content with ease.
- Read every Loeb volume in print, including biannual additions
- Toggle between single- and dual-language reading modes
- Browse works and volumes of the library by author, language, period, form, genre, and subject
- Search across the full Loeb corpus in English, Latin, and Greek
- Bookmark, organize, and annotate content in personal digital workspaces
- Share notes and reading lists with classmates, students, and colleagues
Access at the Institutional and Individual Level
For information about digital Loeb Classical Library access plans and institutional free trials, please see How to Subscribe.
Stay in Touch
To receive occasional email updates about the Loeb Classical Library (including the digital edition), please join our mailing list and note your interest by checking the appropriate box.
The Loeb Classical Library® is published and distributed by Harvard University Press. It is a registered trademark of the President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved.